Sunday, April 25, 2010

Competition time

Things are closing in, and it's time to start considering where I really measure up. Less than two weeks till my first competition, and I am reasonably confident in where I stand, though I know I will ultimately be disappointed by my performance(s). My O-lifting is moving along well; some recent revelations in the details of the lifts should be promising, along with a recent front squat PR of 295 (up from 275). My weakness in the clean is still inability to fight T-spine flexion in the receiving position, which has been remedied by lots of front squats and good mornings. I still believe I am capable of more than 185 in the snatch, and hoping to attempt 195 (or maybe 200) at the meet.

As far as my conditioning is going, my capacity has certainly declined - this is to be expected as my training goals have drastically changed, but it is still disappointing to know how much "gas" is out of the tank now. My tournament will be a struggle, but I'm expecting as much. May will be a busy month, with a tournament, job interview, then a meet in consecutive weekends.

I've been working to keep my weight up, still hovering at a fairly consistent 175. Work is escalating and regular eating is becoming somewhat of a struggle.

Workouts the past week:

Monday:
Snatch 1RM (80kg)
C&J 1RM (102kg)

Tuesday:
Max rep back squats @ 80kg - 31 reps
Max rep supine strict pull-ups - 12, 11, 10, 7, 7
Good mornings 3x5 (43kg)

Wednesday:
8x3 Band box squats, speed emphasis (60kg + green and blue bands)
3x5 Push Press (70kg))

Thursday:
Front Squat 1RM (133kg - PR)
3x2 Dead stop Front Squats (60kg)
Max rep pronated pull-ups - 12, 10, 9, 9, 9
Tabata Airdyne (8 rounds)

Friday:
Snatch 1RM (80kg, after 15 fails)
C&J (97.5kg)

No comments: