Thursday, May 8, 2008

"Jonesworthy" and the end of the year

First, congrats to Armando for joining me in doing the "Jonesworthy" workout. As follows:

Squats: 80 - 64 - 48 - 32 - 24 - 16
KB Swings (53lb): 40 - 32 - 24 - 16 - 12 - 8
Pull-ups: 20 - 16 - 12 - 8 - 6 - 3

Round 1 is 80 squats, 40 swings, 20 pull-ups...

Armando: 29:52
Bin: 26:17

It's the end of the year, so of course everyone's going their separate ways and things are going to be slowing down here. I'll still be in Charlottesville, in case anyone is around. And of course, if anyone does any interesting workouts over the summer, let us know here...

Do we belong?

5 comments:

ben said...

damn that workout looks sweet. won't be in c'ville this summer much myself but I plan on finding some cool stuff to do up north so I'll post updates

CPT Eddie said...

I wish I could have made that. I just ate my last exam. It was not tasty. Anyone around this afternoon?

Anonymous said...

Hey all,

I'm interested in getting started on Crossfit. I'll be back in Charlottesville for the summer, around the end of June. I'm completely new to a lot of lifting techniques. Any suggestions? You can reach me at my uva email: km5ce@virginia.edu. Thanks.

Kel

Bin said...

Hey Kel, I'll be in Charlottesville over the summer as well. I work out at Rocky Top Rec (close to the skate park), I can give you some pointers if you'd like to meet up sometime.

Anonymous said...

I have no idea where that is, but i'll take a look when I get back to China. Sorry it took me so long to reply, I've been in China and they blocked this blogger site. Anyway, I'm looking to get started, but I'm not sure I know all the movements. I'm lookin' over the files on the Crossfit website, but I'd like to meet up so that I can make sure I'm doin' it right. I'm trying to avoid another gym membership, would it be possible to do it somewhere else?