Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Welcome Back

FIRST GROUP WORKOUT OF THE SEMESTER! Sunday 11JAN, 1pm, Mem Gym... hope to see everyone there.

Hey everyone... First of all, I know I speak for all UVA CrossFitters in saying thank you Bin for the time, energy, and expertise that you have contributed to the cause of functional fitness here in Cville. As you head off to DC, we wish you the best of luck. You've been a great coach and friend to many in this community, and for that we are grateful.

I'll be doing my best to keep the blog up to date, but need everyone's help to make sure we continue growing as individual athletes and as a group. Please post suggestions for group workouts and skill practice that you would like to see us tackle this coming semester. I'll send out an email soon with details for a possible group workout this weekend if enough folks will be back in town. Time to wipe off the eggnog mustache, put down the champagne, and get in the gym. See everyone soon...

5 comments:

Dave Lewis said...

I'll throw out some ideas to get the conversation going...

-More oly lifting - you can never drill these high skill movements too much.
-Taking the bar overhead - Press, Push Press, Push Jerk
-POSE technique
-KB technique - from basic swing to cleans, snatches, presses, etc

Michael said...

Hey,

I moved to Charlottesville a few months ago and just found this blog. I've doing some crossfit workouts for the past month but many are abbreviated due to lack of equipment and people to work out with. I'd love to join this group. When and where do you all meet?
You can email me at michaelbaly@gmail.com or just leave a comment for me and I'll check back.

Michael

Dave Lewis said...

Thursday - Deadlifts (lbs.)
255x3, 265x3, 275x3, 285x3 (PR), 290x3 (PR)
Friday - HPang Power Cleans (kg.)
60x1, 60x1, 65x1, 70 F, 70x1 (PB), 50x5 (back-off set)

@michael:
glad to hear you've been getting into CF. we've got a great group of guys committed to functional fitness here in cville. i'll see that you get added to the email list; also keep checking the blog for other updates. we usually meet at rocky top rec or a uva gym on sunday afternoons, and then informally throughout the week at various locations. hope to see you out soon!

Bin said...

Last workout at Rocky Top:

Snatch triples, doubles, and singles, working up to 65kg (90%)

Clean and Jerk triples, doubles, and singles, working up to 80kg (80%)

I'll be in town every once in a while, but I'm gonna miss you guys...

ben said...

we'll miss you too Bin, you should get the internets in DC and post up on the blog and send us sweet articles to read still tho